Frequently asked questions
- What does Dockup do?
- Can I use databases with prod-like data in Dockup environments?
- I use Lambda, Netlify and AWS/GCP products in production. Can I use Dockup?
- What if I don’t use Docker?
- How much devops should I know to use Dockup?
- How much does it cost?
- Is there a free trial?
- Can I self-host Dockup?
- How is this different from Heroku review apps?
- Have other questions?
What does Dockup do?
Dockup spins up a copy of your entire tech stack to test and get feedback on pull requests.
- Step 1: Developer opens a pull request
- Step 2: Dockup creates a disposable review environment for this pull request
- Step 3: Dockup sends a Slack notification with a URL for this environment
- Step 4: Teammates can then click on these URLs and preview features before merging the pull request
Can I use databases with prod-like data in Dockup environments?
Yes. Contact [email protected].
I use Lambda, Netlify and AWS/GCP products in production. Can I use Dockup?
Yes, you can still use Dockup to test your code changes. Dockup is built for quickly testing all the code that you have written. It spins up containers that simulate your tech stack, but it won't be an exact replica of your production infrastructure. For example, if you use a managed postgres DB in AWS in your prod environment, in a Dockup environment, you would use a postgres Docker container that's started using the official postgres image. So if you can run your code in Docker containers, you can use Dockup.
What if I don’t use Docker?
We'll help you adopt Docker. Just drop us an email at [email protected].
How much devops should I know to use Dockup?
We can run and manage the servers for you. All you have to do is link your repositories and define your tech stack using a UI. Dockup has no config files.
How much does it cost?
Please visit pricing page for more details.
Is there a free trial?
Dockup is free for the first user in both self hosted and managed plans. Check out our pricing page.
Can I self-host Dockup?
Sure, please visit pricing page for more details.
How is this different from Heroku review apps?
With Dockup, you get copies of your whole tech stack, and not just a single app.
Have other questions?
Just drop us an email at [email protected] or use the in-app chat support.